Thursday 8 August 2013

Feeling hot hot hot



I always forget how much I hate moving from temperate to roasting temperatures and I seem to have developed a knack for wearing cowboy boots whilst I’m about it. This just isn’t very pleasant. As an extra-special gift I left NZ with the germs for a cold which brewed on the flight and came out beautifully in Beijing. I made it out for a half day to the Temple of Heaven which felt mainly like shade-hopping and crowd-avoiding. Then spent a full day in bed feeling achey and snotty.

Once again food in China has proved excellent – inexpensive, tasty and fun to order (since you never really know what you’re getting until you taste it). Our last evening was animated by an impressive thunderstorm – we watched from our restaurant as the wind blew up, the lightning lit the streets and the rain fell in sheets. It soon became clear that it wasn’t going to let up and that crossing the street would involve wading through newly-formed puddles but at least the temperature had cooled slightly.








No comments:

Post a Comment